As we pray to see our community transformed by God, there are two different levels where transformation happens-each impacting the other:
- Personal Level: individuals embracing the Abundant Life offered by Jesus and being conformed more and more into His image
- John 10.10: I have come that you may have life, and have it to the full
- Romans 8.29: For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters
- Structural Level: institutions that impact the lives of those in a city (seven walls)- government, schools, church, business, family, arts, health- serving the common good; being rebuilt
- Isaiah 58.12: Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings
As more and more people are transformed by God’s love and forgiveness and are led by His Spirit to do the good works He has prepared for us, we will see transformation on a structural level as well.
This week as you walk and pray take time to LOOK and LISTEN: Start with prayer and ask God to give you eyes of love, compassion and discernment
- Ask God where He is already at work
- What are signs of change, hope and need that you see?
- What are the barriers to people receiving the Gospel? What are bridges?
- What is binding people?
- What motivate them?
- Are there areas they are hurting?
We would love to hear from you on your experiences as you do your prayer walks-any testimonies, anything God has shown you, answers to any of the questions above.
You can share HERE or share a comment on a special prayer walk facebook page HERE
Click on the weeks below for additional prayer guides:
- Week One: Pray Blessings
- Week Two: Spiritual Opposition
- Week Three: Jesus and Mammon
- Week Four: Standing Firm
Monthly Corporate Prayer Walk: We will gather at StoneBridge on Saturday, June 26 from 8:00-9:00am to do a prayer walk through the neighborhoods surrounding the church. We would love for you to join us:
We will have a few different route options with some prayer points you can use to help guide your time if needed. You can access those HERE.