Weekly Personal/Family Prayer Walks: Practice praying while you walk in the areas you are already spending time and moving about (neighborhood, office, school, sports fields, etc.). Each week we will give you a different focus to help guide your time. This week we are focusing on Jesus and Mammon.
Last week we looked at spiritual opposition. One of the dominant things we see opposing God in our community is money/greed. One of the schemes of the enemy is to try and allure us with money and make us believe that money can provide things for us that only Jesus can. Below are some needs that we often try and get met by acquiring more and more money/material things. As you do your prayer walk this week, pray that we would look to Jesus to meet all of our needs, put our trust fully in Him, and serve Him alone.
- Security-Jesus, thank you for your promise to never leave us or forsake us. I pray we would know the security of your unfailing love and that nothing can separate us from your love.
- Status-Father, thank you that you so loved the world that you gave your only Son so that we could have eternal life with you. We have been redeemed from an empty way of life and seated with you in heavenly places. Thank you for showing us that the greatest among us is the one who serves.
- Opportunities-Jesus, thank you that you are a Good Shepherd and in you we have no needs. You lead us to green pastures and quiet waters and you alone offer abundant life.
- Comfort-Father, you are the God of all comfort. Thank you that you send your Holy Spirit to comfort us in our time of need.
- Independence-Jesus, thank you that you are the true vine, the source of everything we need and want. Apart from you we have no good thing.
Click on Week One & Two below for additional prayer guides:
Monthly Corporate Prayer Walks: We will gather at StoneBridge 2 more Saturdays in May and June from 8:00-9:00am to do prayer walks through the neighborhoods surrounding the church. We would love for you to join us:
- Saturday, May 15
- Saturday, June 26
We will have a few different route options with some prayer points you can use to help guide your time if needed. You can access those HERE.