We have an important update about our Leadership Team and would love for you all to join with us in praying for this transition.
Our Leadership Team is comprised of 2 groups:
- Admin Team- the Admin Team helps provide oversight and guidance on financial matters, facility decisions, and staffing
- Ministry Team- the Ministry Team is divided into 9 sub-teams that each help support one of the primary ministry areas of the church (Kids, Students, Worship, Small Groups, Men’s and Women’s Ministry, Missions, Pastoral Care and Hospitality) through prayer and counsel
We will be rotating the members of our Ministry Team at the end of December as the current team’s commitment is coming to an end. These 40 men and women have given of themselves sacrificially and have served faithfully over the past 2 years and we are so grateful for their time and prayers.
The staff have invited new team members to join them to continue the work of supporting their ministry area.
Per our bylaws, before they are confirmed, we are presenting their names to the congregation for a 30-day discernment period. Please look over the list of candidates at the link below. If you have any reason to challenge the suitability of a nominee based on the qualifications listed below please:
- First approach the nominee in order to attempt to resolve the issue (Matthew 18:15)
- If this is unsuccessful, bring the issue to the staff leader who will make a determination on how to proceed
Some basic qualifications for leadership:
Men and women (age 18 years or older) who have been members at StoneBridge for at least one year who display maturity in their:
- Character– clearly and consistently exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit- love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23);
- Calling– effectively functioning in one of the ministry gifts listed in Ephesians 4:11- apostle, prophet, evangelist, shepherd, teacher;
- Chemistry– maintaining loving and peaceful relationships with others as far as it depends on them (Romans 12:10 and 12:18)
If no concerns have been brought to our attention by the end of the discernment period (January 3) the Ministry Team nominees will be confirmed. To hear from our Pastor, David, about this leadership transition, watch the video below:
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.