Weekly Personal/Family Prayer Walks: Each week we will give you a different focus to help guide your time. Practice praying while you walk in the areas you are already spending time and moving about (neighborhood, office, school, sports fields, etc.). Click on Week One below for a list of blessings you can pray.
- Week One: Pray Blessings
- Week Two: Spiritual Opposition
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. -2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Two of the weapons we’ve been given to bring down strongholds are the Word of God and Prayer (Ephesians 6:17-18).
- As you pray start by asking God to reveal the schemes of the enemy in the lives of those in your area of influence (Ephesians 6:11). There are some questions below from Tradecraft: For the Church on Mission that you can use as a guide:
- What spiritual influences are evident?
- What is binding people?
- What are the idols?
- What are areas of conflict/unresolved tension?
- What are barriers to people receiving the Gospel?
- Then ask God what the Truth is that will bring freedom in that area (John 8:32,36). Below are some example prayers:
- Busyness: Jesus, thank you that You are the One who holds all things together. Help us to be still and know that You are God. We want to cease our striving and find rest for our souls in You, the One who is gentle and humble in heart (Col 1;17, Psalm 46:10, 2 Cor 4:16)
- Division: Jesus, I pray that we would be one as you and the Father are one. Since You so loved us, help us also to love one another. You are our peace and have destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall, of hostility between us (John 17, 1 John 4:11, Eph 2:14)
- Fear/Anxiety: Thank you that we can bring our cares to you Jesus because you care for us. I pray the knowledge of Your perfect love for us would casts out all of our fears (1 Peter 5:7, 1 John 4:18)
- Greed: Lord, you are our Shepherd and we are not in want because You provide for all of our needs. You delight to give us the desires of our heart and our boundary lines have fallen in pleasant places. It is You, God, who is our portion and apart from you we have no good thing (Psalm 23, Psalm 37:4, Psalm 16:5-6)
- Pride: Jesus, thank you that You did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give your life as a ransom for many. Help us to wash the feet of others and become a servant of all just as you did (Matthew 20:28, John 13:1-17)
- Unforgiveness: Thank you that when we confess our sins You are faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us of all unrighteousness. I pray we would forgive others just as we’ve been forgiven by You (1 John 1;9, Eph 4:32)
Worship is another powerful weapon in spiritual battles. CLICK HERE for a playlist to listen to as you walk and pray.
Monthly Corporate Prayer Walks: We will gather at StoneBridge 2 more Saturdays in May and June from 8:00-9:00am to do prayer walks through the neighborhoods surrounding the church. We would love for you to join us:
- Saturday, May 15
- Saturday, June 26
We will have a few different route options with some prayer points you can use to help guide your time if needed. You can access those HERE.