24 HOUR PRAYER GUIDE –FOR FAMILIES
FOCUS: The Upcoming School Year
We are praying for the upcoming school year – students, teachers, administrators, and parents. For God’s Kingdom to come, His will to be done and His name to be made holy in our schools.
- Song: King of my Heart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaxEXZqpRcA
- God’s Character:
- Think about God’s heart. How do you think of God? How/when do you feel his realness or nearness?
- What do you think of when you think of God as our Father in Heaven?
- Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17
- Thank God for the ways that you have seen him move this summer.
- Thank God for the teachers and administrators at your school.
- Thank God for the ways He will move during this next school year.
- Ask God to bring to mind any ways you’ve sinned recently. Then admit those things to God and ask Him to forgive you.
- Talk about God’s forgiveness – once we repent (tell God our sin and decide not to do it anymore) then God moves on from it too. He doesn’t hold it over our head, or tell us we aren’t good enough. He forgives us and gives us a fresh start.
- Thank God for the fresh start he’s giving us as we head into the new school year.
- Prayer is inviting God to be a part of the things in your life.
- Try to shift from just telling God about the things happening, to asking him to be a part of the things happening – knowing that your prayers are powerful and that God hears them.
- Example: Try to see the difference between “God, I start school on Monday” and “God, please help me to be kind to others when I start school on Monday”.
- Ask God to work in your school
- In teachers at your school
- In administrators at your school
- In other students at your school
- In other school staff (janitors, cafeteria workers, etc)
- Pray for those who attend StoneBridge who work in schools
- CLICK HERE for a list