During the song, take time to connect with God’s heart-who He is and what He does and focus on His presence with you.
God’s Character: This month as we pray for families, take time to focus on who God is as our Father-
- His Love: See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! -1 John 3:1
- His Generosity: Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. -James 1:17
- His Care: What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows. -Matthew 10:29-31
- His Mercy: Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. -Luke 6:36
We can confess personal sins we have committed. We can also pray a prayer of corporate confession on behalf of a people/community (see Daniel 9). Take time to confess any areas of sin God brings to mind (personal or corporate) and ask Him to give us clean hands and pure hearts (Psalm 24).
- Father, we confess that as your sons and daughters we have not always honored and obeyed your word. Forgive us for going our own way instead of trusting you. Please help us to love others as we have been loved by you. Lead us in paths of righteousness for your name’s sake.
The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate. -Luke 15:21-24
- Take time to thank God for the forgiveness he has shown us as our Father. And for not only adopting us into his family but making us co-heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17).
Pray for God’s Kingdom to come and His will to be done here on earth as it is in heaven.
We want to pray that families across our community would be healed and made whole.
MARRIAGES: For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. This is a profound mystery-but I am talking about Christ and the church. -Eph 5:31-32
- Pray for anyone you know who is struggling in their marriage- for trust to be rebuilt; grace to forgive one another; for husbands to wash the feet of their wives and wives to honor and respect their husbands
- Pray marriage beds would be kept pure and that anything hidden would be brought into the light
- Pray the sanctity of marriage would be restored in our culture
PARENTS AND CHILDREN:
- Pray that children would honor and obey their parents and parents wouldn’t provoke their children to anger or exasperate them (Eph 6:1-4)
- Pray parents would have wisdom, patience and love to bring up their children in the way they should go (Proverbs 22:6) and that they would be willing to surrender their child’s future to God
- Pray that prodigal children would return home
- As families gather for the holidays-pray for grace to forgive for any past hurts, that conversation would be life-giving and encouraging, for peace in any areas of tension and for reconciliation for those who have been estranged
IN OUR COMMUNITY:
Kids in the foster care system-
- Pray the children in the foster system would be placed in the best environments for them to thrive
- Pray they would put their trust in God as their Father
- Pray for rest, endurance, compassion and wisdom for those who support the children and their families-case managers, judges, law enforcement and foster parents
- Pray for healing and freedom for the biological families who need to make changes in order to be reunited with their children
- CLICK on the links below to pray for specific children who are currently in the foster care system and awaiting a family to adopt them:
Stats from DFCS for Cobb County:
- 438 children in the Cobb County Foster Care System
- 53 children currently available for adoption
- 100 case managers and 30 supervisors
- 112 foster family resources (57 partnership parents, 32 resource parents, 12 adoptive parents, 11 kinship foster parents)
First Care Women’s Clinic-
- Pray for the men and women who enter the clinic, that they would know how valuable they are to God and in turn see the value of their unborn child
- Pray they would choose to carry their baby to full term
- Pray God’s perfect love would cast out any fear they have and for provision and healing for whatever circumstance led them to visit the clinic
- Pray for wisdom, grace and compassion for the counselors and medical workers who minister to those who enter the clinic