Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. -Proverbs 4.23
This week use the parable of the Sower (Matthew 13:1–23). In this parable we see how the world, our flesh and the devil can impact our hearts and minds. Pray for good soil in the hearts and minds of those in the area you are walking:
- Verse 19: When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart
- Pray for those who don’t know or have an understanding of the Gospel message-that the eyes of their hearts would be opened and the Holy Spirit would guide them into the Truth. Pray the Truth would set them free from the hollow and empty philosophies of this world. Pray God’s Word would take root in their hearts and produce fruit in their lives.
- Verse 20-21: The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.
- Pray for those whose faith is shallow, that the roots of their faith would grow deep in God’s love for them. That they would be able to endure hardship in a way that draws them closer to God and deepens their faith and trust in Him. Pray they would build their house on the Rock and not on sand and that they would be able to stand firm to the end.
- Verse 22: The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful.
- Pray for those who are worried and anxious about the things of this world-that they would not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, they would present their requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, would guard their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. -Phil 4:6-7
- Verse 23: The seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.
- Pray for good soil in the hearts and minds of those in the area you are walking-that they would hear and obey the voice of God and live fully for Him.
Click on the weeks below for additional prayer guides:
- Week One: Pray Blessings
- Week Two: Spiritual Opposition
- and Mammon
- anding Firm
- Week Five: Inspecting the Walls
- Week Six: The Holy Spirit
- Week Seven: Holy is Your Name
- Week Eight: Worship
Monthly Corporate Prayer Walk: We will gather at StoneBridge on Saturday, June 26 from 8:00-9:00am to do a prayer walk through the neighborhoods surrounding the church. We would love for you to join us:
We will have a few different route options with some prayer points you can use to help guide your time if needed. You can access those HERE.