Children’s Ministry Position
StoneBridge Children’s Pastor
Primary Focus: Responsible for establishing and executing the overall vision and mission of PathFinders, the StoneBridge Children’s Ministry.
Primary Characteristic: Leader
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Children- responsible for encouraging the spiritual growth and development of children birth-5th grade.
- Sundays– choosing/developing Biblically-based curriculum for all ages that is consistent with the StoneBridge vision, statement of faith, and values; ensuring content is delivered in age-appropriate and applicable ways to all ages; coordinating large group worship; providing resources for small group leaders including activities, key truths, and discussion questions.
- Other- develop/implement discipleship program for older elementary (currently 4th-5th graders meet every other week during the school year culminating in a week-long domestic mission trip); plan and execute periodic events designed to create community (currently- Mother-Son Game Night, Daddy-Daughter Dance, Pillow-N-Pop party for younger elementary, Glow Night for older elementary, Camping Day)
- Adults- responsible for supporting families with children birth-5th grade.
- Volunteers- recruiting, training, and supporting all necessary volunteers for PathFinders
- Parents- available to parents to provide encouragement and wisdom as requested
- Communication- responsible for all communication to parents, volunteers, and the church body as-a-whole for all Children’s Ministry related needs and information (includes web content, promotional materials, informational/logistical updates for parents and volunteers)
- Administration– responsible for organizing, supporting, and managing ministry for birth-5th grade.
- Maintaining policies and procedures to insure best practices in areas of child development and safety
- Creating and maintaining annual ministry calendar and budget
- Working in supervisory role with Children’s Ministry Assistant
- StoneBridge– this is a pastoral role and carries church-wide responsibility and authority outside of PathFinders.
- Point person in relationship with Park Street Elementary (our Partner in Education)
- Participation in weekly staff meetings
- Participation and leadership in all-staff ministry events- Family Dinners, How-To’s, Summer Series, Christmas Eve/Ash Wednesday/Good Friday Services, etc.
- Participation and leadership in staff-led initiatives to see our community transformed by God
- is full-time- 45hrs/wk
- requires participation in all 3 Sunday services (9, 11, and 5) plus other periodic weeknight meetings
- has a negotiable salary
- has one direct report- Children’s Ministry Assistant (30hr/wk employee)
Character– commitment to becoming more like Jesus
- Humble-a servant’s heart vs. self-seeking/pursuing own agenda
- Loyal-commitment to the staff and church body
- Responsible-takes ownership of role, finishes tasks, honors commitments
- Discreet-keeps confidences/not a gossip, gives a “good report”
- Dependent- listens to God for ministry direction
- Lives with integrity
Calling- desire to serve at StoneBridge/commitment to the vision, values, and people of the church
- Loves/connects with children
- Leader- has vision for children’s ministry and can implement that vision
- Committed to seeing Marietta transformed by God
Competence- led by the Spirit/gifted to lead children
- Highly relational- warm, inviting, pursues people, connects with both children and adults
- Executor- finishes tasks, capable administratively, comfortable with logistical and organizational details
- Team builder- recruit, train, support, and encourage volunteers
- Strong communicator- can communicate with clarity and grace, both written and verbal, individually and to groups, children and adults
- Initiator-sees what needs to be done and does it, self-starter
- Organized- can handle multiple responsibilities at the same time
- Diffuser- de-escalates tension/problems, not easily flustered
Chemistry- positive contributor to existing staff
- Team-player- quick to help where needed, contributes to church-as-a-whole vs. focusing only on ‘my area’
- Flexible- comfortable with ‘moving targets’
- Transparent/Vulnerable- connects personally with existing staff
Ready to join us?
At StoneBridge, we are committed to seeing our community transformed by God. We invite you to join us in this journey of personal and community transformation.